Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What's wrong with certain bus drivers?!?????

I try to take the bus as much as possible in Singapore, at least when there is an available direct line. Hence, after the Swedish Church's mummy (and lately also daddy!) group, I went to the closest bus stop. 20 meters away from the stop, my bus #30 shows up and I wave for him to stop. He doesn't..... Oh well, maybe he didn't see me, I think, and try not to make a big deal out of it. 10 min later, a new #30 is approaching and I step out towards the road. The bus driver slows down, looks at me and takes off!!!!!!! Wow, that was hard not to make a big deal out of...and I try to call the customer service line to complain, unfortunately only with an answering machine available.

Alright, deap breatch, Matilde is quitely sleeping anyway, let's await next #30... which shows up after 30 min (what am I still doing there??? I'm definitely not stubborn...nah!). This time, I make sure almost to stand on the road when the bus stops. I signal to him that I want to get on through the backdoor, since I have a stroller with me. He simply looks back at me, and TAKES OFF - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From now on, I will be a frequent TAXI rider!!

Well at home, I just need to get a break and leave Matilde with Nady, and go to the closest Starbucks. While sitting there happily enjoying the peace, my latte and book "Hundraaringen som klev ut genom fonstret och forsvann", the staff asks me to join a coffee tasting contest - and I won a bunch of instant Starbucks coffee :-) And Sara is back being positive again!!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Sorry about the busses Sara! But, I am so glad you won free coffee at Starbucks! Enjoy some for me too, I miss that stuff!
    Hugs, Allison

    ReplyDelete