Friday, October 7, 2011

Lasik Surgery

I did it - Lasik Surgery!!!

A year ago, I decided to go for it, as several H&M collegues successfully did. At that time, I was 8 months pregnant and it was hence not possible, I found out, due to your eye vision tend to change during pregnancy. Instead, I got stronger glasses as a compromise :-)

Now, 1.5 year after, my vision was back to pre-pregnancy and I qualified for lasik!!

After several checkups (approx 5 hrs testing, with loads of waiting inbetween....), it was time for surgery.
Again, lots of waiting to get my eyes prepared (they had really good hot chocolate at the clinic, I guess to make the waiting seem shorter....). Before the surgery, I got a Valium, wow did I get slow!!

The surgery went really quick. I did feel I went in to some science fiction setting, but the doctor promised the ending will be successful :-) The procedures didn't hurt at all, but since you for obvious reasons had to keep your eyes open, it was a little bit uncomfortable to see what was going on... After surgery, I was really groggy, assumingly from the Valium and surreal experience... the eyes were dripping a lot and feeling very uncomfortable, so thanks Morten for coming picking your 'blind' lady up!

I got two sleeping pill to use if needed, I of course took both of them as soon as we got home and slept for 13 hrs straight, wow was that something!! (sleeping pill highly recommended for exhausted mothers, haha)

Today, when finally waking up, I can see!!! Never more glasses with perscription, yiehoo!!! Ok, still feeling some discomfort in the eyes but nothing to worry about. Of for a checkup now, soooo happy everything went well!!

PS. First comment from Hannah, when coming home in my eye shields: "Ooh mamma har blivit ett monster...!" (Mamma is a monster!!) :-)


Breakfast in bed <3

No comments:

Post a Comment