Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Great Eastern Women Marathon

In may after running Sun Down half-marathon, I thought it would be a great idea to run another half-marathon later same year as having 6 months to practice - piece of cake!  I'm currently down to 4 weeks before race day, and it's not really the same feeling... what.was.I.thinking?!? SERIOUSLY??????

On the road for 5 weeks with very limited running options, and no real structured running practice prior to such, I simply have no choice but getting myself out running after kids bedtime...

Today, I concluded it has nothing to do with the legs, it's all in my head, will-power!! Falling asleep next to the girls while reading to them, I came up with million of excuses why I couldn't run today when Hannah woke me up... all were quite lame so had no choice but getting my running shoes on and out I went. (It helped having Nady laughing at me :-)  )

First 5-ks went ok but my head kept telling me "it's enough for tonight, go home and watch an episode of 'Swedish Hollywood wifes' instead", but also that is a VERY bad excuse to run back home, as that show must be one of the most stupid shows ever produced...!

Last 5-ks went quite fast due to two reasons:

1. Singapore military had an exercise session in the park so I had to do my very best to keep up :-)
2. I was preparing PPT in my head for a project at work... :)

4 weeks to go, two 10 km sessions down... the race is 21 km so I guess I should soon start increasing the distance I'm running, huh.... :S


No comments:

Post a Comment