Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sundown Marathon

WE DID IT!!!

I signed us up already in January to Morten's B-day, as seems as a great idea at the time. Didn't really feel that great a week before the race, especially as Morten was in Greece on business and didn't get back until 5pm on the day of the race... and me no time to practice, being completely exhausted after work (don't remember it was that exhausting to work at previous jobs...), and prioritize the kids before running...

Anyhow, Morten got home on time, we loaded up carbs on pasta and meatballs - and took off together neighbour and friend Greg. Just getting to the meet-up place with another 17,000 runners was a great feeling and even if it was midnight, I wasn't even tired :-)

Great race, the first 10-k was actually fun, and first at 18-k, my legs wanted to stop. Then it's good to have a brain saying the opposite :-)

Next race?!? Well, I'm quite confident it won't a full marathon but there is a race in Nov, 'Great Eastern Women Race', that I really wanna do (5-k, 10-k, 21-k & 42-k options) - so any ladies out there that wants to join me, let me know lah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment